TOP 4**** HOTEL
The Hotel Royal Hinterhuber**** and the Residence Royal Hinterhuber*** are situated at an altitude of 956m in a quiet area above the town of Brunico. Our wellness-hotel is located at the feet of the famous skiing area Plan de Corones in Val Pusteria and belongs to Family Hinterhuber for six generations.
In the middle of the skiing region Plan de Corones you will find a 4 star hotel with peace, comfort and service of an international hotel.
Enrico Occhi, our Chief Executive Chef, loves to work with regional and local products and knows how to prepare them in a modern and balanced way.
Our guests are welcome to choose from a wide range of room categories, suites or apartments. Each of our rooms has its own individual charm, whether rustic or modern.
After an active day on the slopes leave everything behind and spoil yourself in our wellness area: swim in our big pool, relax in the Jacuzzi and feel good in our exclusive SPA.
In the white season almost everything revolves around the skiing area Plan de Corones (2.275 m) in the holiday region of Plan de Corones, surrounded by the Alps in the north and the Dolomites in the south. The ski mountain is not only the largest in South Tyrol but also the most modern one. 116 runway kilometers with its 31 top-modern ascent plants invites you to endless ski pleasure.
- The eastern side of Plan de Corones (facing Valdaora) has a blue slope.
- The slope section to Perca. The additional track is an easy run, ideal for families and a great alternative to the steeper rest of the Ried slope.
- "Pre da Peres" slope extension. It reaches from the foothills of the Dolomites all the way to Passo Sorafurcia. This red-blue alternative is a real treat for skiers of all levels. A magnificent panoramic run!
The latest Plan de Corones news:
The new SLOPE HINTERBERG, a blu slope with a lenght of 2,9 km.
116 km of perfectly prepared slopes - The ski mountain has been voted to be the best skiing resort in South Tyrol.
Alternation is provided by the connection to the lifts in Alta Badia and thus access to the skiing carousel of Sella Ronda. Breathtaking beautiful is the legendary 42 km panoramic tour around the imposing Sella massiv. The Sella Ronda links 4 world-famous skiing districts: Alta Badia, Val Gardena, Arabba and Val di Fassa and offers 500 km of slopes in the heart of the Dolomites.
- 32 most -modern ropeways
- 40 ski lodges and après ski bars with endless sunny terraces
- 9 ski & snowboard schools
- ski rental shops & ski equipment at the valley and on the top of the mountain
- child-friendly ski-resort
- 116 km perfectly groomed slopes
- 3,4 km illuminated ski runs
- 53 km of easy blu runways, 28 medium rated red slopes for advanced skiers and 26 km of black slopes for finest skiers. The "BLACK FIVE" of Plan de Corones which are the steepest slopes in the Alps are:
- Sylvester: 5 km, gradient of 68%
- Hernegg: 5,1 km, gradient of 68%
- Erta: 1,61 km, gradient of 68%
- Pre da Peres: 336 m, gradient of 68%
- Piculin, 2 km, gradient of 72%
Furthermore it offers 6 valley runs in 3 directions:
- The "Sylvester" to Riscone: 5 km, difference in altitude 1.300
- The "Hernegg" to Riscone: 5,1 km, difference in altitude 1.300
- The valley run to S. Vigilio: 6 km, difference in altitude 1.070
- The "Erta" to San Vigilio: 1,61 km, difference in altitude 295
- The valley run to Valdaora: 6,5 km, difference in altitude 1.170
- The "Ried" to Perca: 7 km, difference in altitude 1.350 m
The connection to the lifts in Alta Badia was the gateway to the Sellaronda. The skiing carousel of Sellaronda (42 km) links 4 world-famous skiing districts and offers 500 km of slopes in the heart of the Dolomites.
The skiing area of Plan de Corones is also connected to the world-largest skiing carousel - the Dolomiti Superski - and thus access to 1.220 skiing km.
Dates and facts winter season 2012/13
The Plan de Corones has only top modern cableway installations. Overall capacity: 71.285 persons per hour can be transported on the summit. Furthermore the skiing mountain has the shortest cable car for 8 and 12 people worldwide.
- 4 cable cars (6 people)
- 11 cable cars (8 people)
- 2 cable cars (10 people) with heating leather seats
- 1 cable car (15 people)
- 2 chair lifts (6 people)
- 3 chair lifts (4people)
- 5 ski lifts
To guarantee the safty for childeren and beginners, there are cable cars even in the childrens' and beginners' area.
Top-snow making systems
Powder snow or crunching corn snow during late spring - The 116 km slopes on Plan de Corones are always perfectly groomed, also thanks to the modern snow-making facilities. A new water reservoir has been built to guarantee 100% snow on all slopes and so it achieved the reputation as "most snow-sure wintersport-region in South Tyrol" from the technical point.
346 snow cannons are distributed on the ski mountain and each evening up to 30 snow crawlers together with more than 250 co-workers guarantee for ideal skiing conditions.
On the top of the summit (2275 m) is situated the Concordia 2000 peace bell. The culmination of the construction is a circular gallery on which you can walk around the 360° panorama step by step - abstractly visualised panoramas on the panorama handrail provide information about the names of the surrounding peaks and the distances to many cities in all directions. A location with a truly boundless view to the Alps in the north and the Dolomites in the south - could hardly be more exposed.
Up here one can discover new horizons and an architectonic highlight which sets new standards and stages the mountains in a completely new way. Be spoilt by the exclusive scenery!
Top-modern lift facilities, technical innovations and perfectly preapared skiing slopes are characterising Plan de Corones, ski mountain number 1 in South Tyrol and one of the most modern ski resorts in Europe.
- The skiing mountain has the shortes cable car (8 and 12 people) worldwide.
- The mountain has also the reputation as "most snow-sure wintersport-region in South Tyrol" from the technical point.
- The "panettone" as we affectionately call it has a "World Record Slope" owing to a spectacular world record achieved in 2011 when a team of 16 local athletes skied a distance of 1.67 million meters of difference in altitude in 24 hours.
- The German ADAC, Europe's largest automobile club, published in it's winter magazine, a list of the most child-friendly skiing destinations in the Alps. Among 650 tested ski resorts, Plan de Corones came 3rd in the prestigious classification.
- With the Easy-Park ad the Jip-Park the ski mountain owns the most innovative Snowpark in South Tyrol.
- In 2009 the UNESCO has defined the Dolomites a world heritage to be saved and preserved and considered them as the most "attractive mountain scenery in the world".
- The skiing area of Plan de Corones is also connected to the world-largest skiing carousel - the Dolomiti Superski -1 skipass for 12 skiing regions and over 1.200 kms of ski slopes.
- Plan de Corones hast the highest Ferrari track on the globe! Last Winter the mountain-plateau was meeting place for all Ferrari fancier. Ferrai introduced and tested the new Ferrari FF on the summit.
Enjoy your turns in these crystal clear heights cause the 190 skiing instructors of Plan de Corones know the area and are your best escorts. Train your skills!
On "our" ski mountain children are the stars of tomorrow ... The Kids Safty Park was built especially for children from 6 to 14 years and is helpful for teaching among others the rules of conduct on the ski slopes in a playful way.
TOP-SPORT & FASHION
Convenience: Our shop "Sport-Mode Schönhuber" is located just meters away from the lifts and our ski rental partner "Rent & go" is offering rentals, service and lockers to best prices.
As you see the stores, the ski schools or the fantastic slopes: all are in the direct surroundings of the hotel during your holidays in South Tyrol. Relaxing skiing holidays in Val Pusteria.